Digitization is the process of converting information into a digital format.Digitizing information makes it easier to preserve, access, and share. For example, an original historical document may only be accessible to people who visit its physical location, but if the document content is digitized, it can be made available to people across the organization. There is a growing trend towards digitization of business critical records.
The Benefits of Digital Access for Collections are:
- Reliable backup of original media.
- Fall back in time of disaster recovery.
- Enhances business continuity.
- Digital copies can be viewed from anywhere, at any time of the day.
- Can be printed from anywhere within the organization.
- Viewers can find what they are looking for quickly and independently.
- Access to usage can be controlled.
- Can enhance images electronically so that they can be viewed with greater legibility.
- Save cost of using more papers, ink, and copies e.t.c.
Docudata has expertise in digitization processes which involves;
- Document preparation
- Image capturing
- Quality control of images
- Loading into document/record management application
- Develop policies and procedures for implementing imaging
- Supply and installation of scanners and imaging software for EDMS solution